The San Rafael High School Alumni Association provides scholarships to graduating seniors who meet specific requirements, apply and are selected by a selection committee as scholarship winners. The number of winners and amounts of the scholarship reward vary annually.
To apply for the San Rafael High School Alumni Association Scholarship students must:
- Have a relative who is an alumni of San Rafael High School
- Be a graduating senior planning to attend a 4 year or 2 year college or accredited trade school in the fall graduation
- Complete an application form, typed or printed neatly in black ink
- Submit a transcript of their grades, including their GPA and have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA overall
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a school staff member that knows the student well and can give specific examples about them
In addition to meeting the above requirements students must answer the following:
1. Where do you plan to continue your education?
2. List your interests, talents and community service participation.
3. Write a brief statement expressing your future aspirations.
4. Describe one experience that occurred at SRHS that has been meaningful to you and explain why.
5. List your alumni relative(s) who have attended SRHS (Circle alumni relative you will be writing about).
6. How alumni relative has influenced my life.
"The Alumni Association will hold a scholarship open for no longer than two school years. If we have not heard from the scholarship winner by the end of the first school year, we will notify them that they have one more school year to claim it. At the end of the second school year, the scholarship will be voided."
Listed below are the SRHS Allumni Association scholarship recipients:
Lucinda Gebbie (Dean Tibbott Alummi Scholarship)
Catherine Magaly Avalos
Fatima Lissette Ayala Cortez
Roberd Eduardo Mella Arreaga
David Alexander Mejia Garcia
John Brode (Dean Tibbott Alumni Scholarship)
Mariana Sanchez Aldana Iniguez
Lesly Mazariego Tecun
Maggie Rose Pullinger
Yoselin Mora Pantoja
Marvin Barrios Rodas
Joy Sooksiri Lin
Peter A - the Daniel-Loveless Scholarship
Two scholarships were awarded